Monday, January 12, 2015

First day of school

All schools here in Malaysia starts today 
12th January...one week late.  This was because of the big floods in Kedah, Perak and worst hit areas in Kelantan, Terengganu and Pahang during the school holidays.

The extra one week closure was for the affected schools to clean up their schools after the flood subsides.  Also some of the schools were used as shelters for families affected during the floods.  

Sofiyah was lucky because her school was not affected so she could attend classes as usual.  She is in form four now.  She got a new pair of school shoes but old uniforms.  She has been wearing her librarian uniform for three years already.  Luckily she has not gain any weight these three years! Heehe....

When I wanted to make her new uniforms, she refused.  She said until she gets an offer to study in a boarding school she will not need new uniforms. Well....I told her she still needs new uniform because the ones she's using now looks faded already. 

Her abah sent her to school this morning.  At the front door, as usual she kissed my hand and I kissed her cheeks and gave her a big hug before she boarded her abah's car.  

She wants me to pick her up after school.  So....at 1.15pm I was already waiting for her near the school gate.  She was so happy that I came to fetch her. "First day of school...ummi must fetch me...." she said. Alhamdullilah.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...