Monday, June 30, 2014

Ramadan 2nd day

I did not hear the alarm this morning...luckily the factory bus woke me up with its noisy engine.  The main road was about fifty metres from my abode.

Anyway, I jumped out of bed, washed my face and brushed my teeth....then woke hubby and the children, and rushed to the kitchen.  But then, it was just 5am, so still plenty of time to have our dawn meal.

I had milo and a piece of date. Hubby had his dutch cookies whilst the children had cocoa crunch with fresh milk.   Wahid had already returned to Ipoh last night after teraweeh prayers.  He arrived safeky at 2.30am this morning.  Alhamdullilah.

I followed hubby when he sent Sofiyah to school this morning.  Then, he sent me to the hospital for my physiotherapy. I reached the hospital at 7.25am.  The reception desk was still closed.  So I waited.....and somehow I dozed off....hehehe...

I heard the receptionist called out my name...and I woke up dizzy.... I do not take short naps.... .that was why I got dizzy....heheheee.... Anyway, off I went for physio on the first floor.

Boy, was I sleepy....I was yawning away when the therapist put the hot pad over my knee. Then did stretching, wall push ups, balancing, gym ball, trampoline, leg press and finally cycling.  For the leg press I had to lift 120 lbs 30 times and 130 lbs 10 times.      It was easy..... Alhamdullilah.

After physio, I called hubby to fetch me at the hospital.  Hubby was late....again!  Anyway, when I reached home, took ablution and then went to my neighbour's house for tadarrus Quran i.e. reading the Quran in a group.

There were seven of us.  Each of us then read four pages of the second Surah which is Surah Albaqarah.  We began reading at 11.30am.

Suddenly there was an incoming call on my new Samsung S4 Grande.... It was from Edy, the Fitness Concept guy informing me he had reached my abode to deliver the trampoline.....


Thus, I now have a treadmill and also a trampoline to exercise with.  I need to use the trampoline because of my operated knee. Here are more pictures....





Then after zuhur prayers and reading rhe Quran, I began cooking for iftar i.e. breaking of the fast.  My first dish was mee hoon soup...... Then when Ayeshah came home from work, she cooked kuih kelompong aka onde-onde....

Onde-onde is made from glutinous flour mixed with salt and water to make a dough.  Then, Gula enau cut into cubes, are pressed into the dough which are the size of a large marble.  Then put the marbled dough into a pot of boiling water.  When the dough floated to the top of the pot, roll it onto fresh coconut flakes mixed with a little salt.  Here is a picture of the Onde-onde......


After iftar and maghrib prayers, we went to Masjid Uniten for Teraweeh prayers, Alhamdullilah.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...