Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ramadan 2014 - 1st day

I woke up at 4.30 this morning to prepare the pre dawn meal before fasting began at dawn. I cooked fried rice since my son Khairul requested for it.  Hubby as usual, ate Kjieldsen Dutch cookies, his favourite biscuits.  As for me, I had coco crunch with seven pieces of dried dates dunked in fresh milk.

While waiting for fajr prayer, I did our laundry. Then when the azan was heard, hubby and Wahid went to the mosque for fajr prayers.  I did my prayers at home.

I then read the Quran, continuing from where I left i.e. Surah Albaqarah verse 26, which I read while waiting for eshaq at Uniten mosque the previous night.

Thus, I managed to complete the first juzuk of the Quran, after Zuhur prayers, Alhamdulillah.
After Asar prayers, I began to cook for iftar.  As usual, the main menu is Mee hoon soup, hubby's favourite.

Then, while waiting for iftar, I read the Quran.  Thus, I managed to read a few more pages of second juzujpk, Alhamdullilah.

After Iftar, we had our magrib prayers, where hubby was the imam.  Then we drove to Uniten mosque dor teraweeh prayers.  I had to use the mobile stool (see picture) since I still could not pray the normal way.  I had to pray while sitting down...

According to my physiotherapist, it would be another month or two before I could begin to pray normally. 

In shaa Allah, during Ramadan, I will seek Allah's blessing so that He will cure my injured knee and grant me good health. Aamiinn.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...