Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mee Siam Singapore

After physiotherapy this morning at Colombia Asia Hospital, my son Khairulzaman and daughter Sofiyah fetched me at the hospital. We then drove to my friend's abode at Pandan Indah, KL.

There was heavy traffic otw there i.e. until the junction to MRR2.  What with the construction of the MRT which will be ready and operational, In shaa Allah 2016.

Anyway, when we arrived, Puan Hazizah Baba, whom I got to know via FB, was waiting for us.  She got the mee siam ready, nicely packed into the Tupperwares which I brought along.  She made two sets because the other set was for my pet sister Norehan Nor. 

So far I have not come across restaurants or warungs offering mee siam in their menu. Thus I was lucky that I met Hazizah Baba.  She was also from Singapore, where we both grew up and had our education there.  In fact, we grew up eating mee siam, available at any eating shop on the island.  My favourite was at the sarabat stall in Newton Circus, whoch was near my secondary school. That was in the early 70s.

Hazizah also gave me permission to copy and paste her mee siam recipe on my FB Notes and also my blog.  So, the next time I crave for mee siam, I will cook it myself using her recipe.
Her mee siam was delicious..... I had it for lunch, and also dinner just now.  I had my dinner at 6.30pm daily, unless I was fasting of course.

So Zee (that's how I address her) you make very delicious mee siam, and also thank you so much for the recipe.  May Allah SWT bless you always. Amiinn.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...