Friday, May 9, 2014

Arthroscopic Meniscus Repair of Knee operation

On Thursday May 8, at 1.45pm I was wheeled into the Operation Theatre at Colombia Asia Hospital in Balakong, Cheras.  I had to undergo an Arthroscopic meniscus repair of my right knee. The operation took about an hour and a half. I was hospitalised for four days.

Thus I had to use crutches to enable me to walk and also to climb stairs.  The physiotherapist taught me how to use the crutches.  I also had to attend physiotherapy three times a week for the next two months, and In shaa Allah, will be able to run again come October.

The operation left me with two very tiny scars on my right knee.  The stitches will be removed this coming Friday, i.e. two weeks after the operation. Alhamdullilah, I could walk without the crutches from my bed to the bathroom only, for now.  I dare not injure my knee further, unless it had healed completely.

So, besides going for physiotherapy, I did the exercises at home, at least three times a day. Once after my fajr prayers, then after my zuhur or asar prayers, and before I retire for bed in the evening.  After every exercise, I need to use the ice pack on my knee to reduce swelling and also ease my joints.  My hubby bought for me a new ice pack for this.

Therefore I missed my run at the Deuter Putrajaya Trail Run 2014 because of this operation.  But I am glad that I found out about my injury earlier rather than after the run which could have become worst.  Running is my passion.  I do not run for speed or getting medals, I run because I love it, and when I complete a run, I am the happiest person in the world, and I can proudly say.....''I HAVE FINISHED''.

Thank you Dr Azfar Rizal Ahmad of Colombia Asia Hospital, for giving me hope that I could run again, provided I rest for now, no running, no shopping no kenduri kawin.......''Aye Aye Doctor!''


(resting after the operation)

(cooling pad to reduce swelling)

(the bandaged knee)

(the robotic knee stretching machine)

(learning to walk using the crutches in the hospital ward)






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...