Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A wedding in Singapore

When hubby and I reached Johor Bahru that Saturday night from Rengit town, we had dinner at Tepian  Tebrau restaurant before checking into Puteri Pacific Hotel. We had a pool view room on the twelth floor, and also a commanding view of Johor town plus the Singapore skyline in the background.

Sunday morning, we walked to Kota Raya terminal, about fifty metres from the hotel.  There was no taxis to Singapore, and a long queue waiting at the taxi stand.  We were then approached by a private sapu taxi who offered to take us to Singapore.  The fare? Singdollar 70 one way but then he took us right to the wedding venue at Choa Chu Kang. Ok lah.

When we reached the venue, my bff Salmah Awang and her hubby Sam, welcomed us.   Salmah told me bff Norizan Zakaria had arrived earlier.  So, hubby and I joined her at the table.  There was no sign of my other exMonkshillians. 

I wished I could stay longer and wait for the others to come, but since hubby had booked the same taxi sapu for our return journey, I bid farewell to my bffs.  But we managed to take a few pictures with Mohd Idris Satar who arrived just when we were leaving.

We had our jamaq and qasar prayers at Puteri, took our car and headed for home.  My dearest darling hubby, thank you so much for driving and accompanying me to my bff son's wedding. Love you very strong.


(Group photo....but I already left...)

(this time around, Norizan stood in the middle..)

(Salmah, Norizan, Mohd Idris and Kamaruzaman Budin)

(view of the pool from our room)

(Singapore, so near yet so far...)

(Johor skyline from the causeway)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...