Thursday, June 13, 2013

Saturday 25th May (Haram Mosque)





Hubby and I arrived in Mecca on Thursday night 24th May 2013.  We wanted to do our umrah once we reached our hotel, but since I was exhausted after the long journey from Medinah, by bus, hubby decided that we zzzZzZzz first.

We did our umrah Friday 24th May after midnight. By the time we completed Tawaf, Saie and then Tahallul, it was almost time for fajr prayers.  We were on our final lap from Safa to Marwah when the Azan for fajr prayers echoed throughout the mosque.  Hearing the Azan brought tears to my eyes.....  We had our solat fajr along the saie route between Safa and Marwah.

After our solat fajr, we went looking for a spot in Haram to do more solat sunat, zikir and read the Holy Quran.  I was lucky to find a spot in the women's prayer block.  From where I sat, I could see the Holy Kaabah.  Again, tears flowed.......

It was after fajr Saturday morning 25th May, and I was reading the Holy Quran, using the Quran which was given to me in Medina, I spotted this young lady (see above pictures) with a bottle on her left hand and a stack of paper cups on her right hand.  I stopped reading and watched her.  She was pouring the zam zam water into the paper cups and distributing it to the ladies who wanted to drink the zam zam water.  She was doing a good deed.  This was her amal jariah.  I salute her.  She would go back and forth, filling up the bottle at the zam zam containers outside the women's prayer block.  She was smiling all the time.....



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...