Friday, March 1, 2013

Ouch!! My little toe.....

 (the x-ray showing the wire inserted)

(my foot all wrapped up...)


My son, Khairulzaman was admitted to KPJ Seremban, because one of his testicle was swollen.  Since he was given antibiotics to reduce the swollen, he had to be hospitalised for three days.  He was admitted on Saturday 23, so, on Sunday evening, I decided to visit him together with Kak long, Ahmad and Sofiyah.  Hubby would meet us at the hospital.

Anyway, before we left the house, since my brother Zulfitri was taking care of my mother (who had suffered a stroke) I went to the kitchen to pack for Kak Long the gulai tempoyak ikan patin, when I suddenly slipped and fell on my back.  I realised the kitchen floor was wet, because the chilled water in the fridge was not turned off.  

When I tried to stand up, there was a sharp pain on my right foot.  Since I could still walk, I just ignored the pain.  We then got into Ahmad's car and drove to KPJ Seremban.  During the journey, I massaged my foot with the 'minyak urut' which kak long brought along.

Upon reaching KPJ Seremban, it was drizzling.  I walked from the car park to the hospital entrance.  My foot was very painful.  I was hobbling. Anyway, since it was already maghrib, we had our prayers at the hospital's surau on the ground floor.

When we met hubby in Khairul's room on the 4th floor, hubby saw my foot, and he also massaged it with the minyak urut.  I told hubby I could feel the bone 'cracking', but hubby said it was just 'bengkak' (swollen).

We then bade farewell to Khairul and returned to Kajang, Sofiyah and I in hubby's car, whilst kak long and Ahmad returned to Damansara.in their car.

The next morning, the nurses I hired to help bathe my mother and change her feeding tube came sharp at nine o'clock.  My brother Zulfitri took my dad to settle his pension in Seremban and I told my brother to return to kajang asap, since we have to take our mother to HUKM for physioterapy..

My brother only returned at 3pm and by the time we reached HUKM it was almost 4pm.  Since we were an hour late, the physio could not be done that day, so we had to take my mother to Hospital Tuanku Jaafar in Seremban since we were taking our mother back to her house in Seremban.

Thus, from HUKM, I drove to Seremban ( I could still drive because I was using slippers) and met my hubby and son Khairulzaman (who was already discharged from hospital that afternoon) at my parent's house in Ampangan.

Then, brother Zulfitri returned to his house in Segamat, my hubby and khairul to our house in Kajang, whilst I was left with my parents.  Since I had to feed my mother every three hours, I was in a dilema because I had an appointment with the neurocatic staff at HUKM the next monring (Tuesday) at 9am.

So, I went to my relative's house a few doors away from my parents, to seek her help since she was an ex nurse, but she was unable to assist because she had a busy schedule preparing for her son's wedding.  Disappointed, I returned to my parent's house.  Then, since I was extremely hungry, and also I needed to fill up my mercs, I went to the nearest Petronas station at Ampangan.  

Since, beside the petrol station was a restaurant, I ordered kampung fried rice with air suam.  I could not finish the food....tak sedap langsung!! (not delicious at all!).  I then decided to seek my biras (sis in law) who lived in Kg Jiboi.  She too was an ex nurse with Hospital Kuala Lumpur.  My biras agreed to help for the ten o'clock feeding.  I was so grateful.  Alhamdullilah.

So, Tuesday morning, after feeding and changing my mother's diapers, I left for HUKM at 7.30am.   By the time I reached the first toll after kajang town, the jam was horrible, so I drove  using the tidal lane from the second toll, thinking I could reach HUKM faster......boy! was I wrong...I could not exit at HUKM junction, instead I have to drive into KL via Jalan Loke Yew.

I panicked, because it was almost 9am...Then, I saw a few cars in front of me making illegal U-turn across the highway.... I took my chance...and made the illegal U-turn also.  Boy, was I desperate!! Thus, I managed to reach HUKM at 9.15am.  The meeting only took less than an hour.  Since I was hungry, I went to have breakfast at the staffs' cafe near the ER on the ground floor.

After getting my mother's prescription at the hospital's pharmacy, I summoned the jockey to bring my mercs to the main lobby.  Once I got into the car, I felt so much pain, that I decided to finally see a doctor at Klinik Kita in Saujana Impian Kajang.

When I showed the lady doctor my foot, she immediately called for an x ray.  Thus confirm my little toe was indeed broken! So she wrote me a letter referring me to KPJ Kajang to see the orthopaedic surgeon.

It was at 7pm when I was wheeled into the operation theatre  (OT).  I was given an epidural, thus I could see 180 degrees of the OT and also hear the sound of the 'sawing', 'drilling'????  I could not see the going ons beneath me because they block my view using a 'blanket' screen.  Well, the operation only took 20 minutes.  Yet, I could not move the lower part of my body till 3 hours later.  

Sofiyah took the above picture of my bandaged foot and I was so shocked because I thought my little toe was just a teeny weeny toe, but it was wrapped like I had broken my whole foot!!  Anyway, I was hospitalised for 3 days.....My foot was still bandaged, but I removed it when I had to solat and also take my bath.  I have to wear it until my follow up appointment next Thursday.

In shaa Allah, I hope to have a speedy recovery, Amiinn.  Please pray for me. Thank you.




(note: spelling errors will be amended soon)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...