Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Barut Gantung for kak long's baby



Kak  long's baby at six months. So now she's in her third trimester.

Another three months before she's due, InshaAllah.  Next week I better rearrange my schedule so that I could  begin sewing her baby's barut gantung.  I have already collected pieces of leftover materials to sew the barut gantung. 

Meanwhile, my mother too has prepared a few barut gantungs for kak long.  


 (the barut gantung when opened, will look like above two pictures)

(it is folded like above for easy storage.....)


Barut gantung is made from pieces of leftover cloths.  Strings are attached to secure the barut gantung onto baby's stomach.  The shorter string is secured around baby's neck.  I do not have a picture to show how it is secured onto a baby.  Well, have to wait until kak long's baby is born, InshaAllah.

All my six children wore barut gantung when they were babies until they reached kindergarten.  They wore barut gantung to protect them from getting tummy wind (perut kembong) and also a flat tummy as they get older.  Alhamdullilah, it works.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...