Friday, November 23, 2012

Lanjut Golden Beach and Golf Resort

























The school holidays began on November 10 this year.  Two whole months before my youngest daughter returns to school.  So, hubby suggested that we spend a few days at Rompin, Pahang. Then from there we could drive down to Mersing, Johor and then to JB (Johor Bahru) and up to Melaka before returning to our home in Kajang.  What an adventure it will be.

Anyway, only three of our children were with us, Ayeshah, Khairulzaman and Sofiyah.  Wahiduzzaman was preparing for his final exam, whilst Badruzzaman went on holiday with his buddies.  As for Khadijah, well, she preferred to stay home and babysit Kiki our cat instead.  Of course, she also had her husband to accompany her...

So, our journey began Thursday 15th November with Khairulzaman driving, hubby sitting next to him, and we ladies at the back, me in the middle with Sofiyah on my left and Ayeshah on my right. We took the PLUS highway and at the Nilai R & R, we stopped for breakfast.  Only the children ate, hubby and I were fasting, since it was 1st Muharram (the Muslim New Year).

Then, we stopped at Pedas to have a look at my 'homestay' (now known as Rumah Liza).  The concrete stairs were almost complete, but hubby was not happy with the positioning of the culvert, because he said, if his grandchildren were running through the culvert, they could bump into the wooden pillar at the side. So, our contractor may have to redo the staircase, which I think he would.

From Pedas, we took the Miku road to Kuala Pilah. Here we passed through virgin jungle where a few orang asli settlement could be found.  They were seen selling petais.  When we reached Kuala Pilah town, we realised most of the shops were closed.  "Of course lah ummi..., today public holiday lah", Khairulzaman said. Oh yaaaa...

We then decided to visit my aunty leha (my dad's youngest sister) who lives in Juasseh town with her only daughter, Maza.  Aunty leha was drying out the laundry when we came.  She welcomed us with open arms, hugs and kisses....The last time we met was during a wedding of one of our relatives.  Maza, who had a mild stroke last year, was getting much better.  Alhamdullilah.  Aunty leha wanted to prepare lunch for us, but I told her that hubby and I were fasting, and that the children already had a heavy breakfast of nasi lemak at the R & R.  So, I helped aunty leha prepared a jug of air sirap and she served this with the local kerepeks.  When we left aunty leha's abode, she gave me a tupperware full of biskut kering.


(these biskut kering so tasty if eaten with hot black coffee)

It will take us another two hours to reach Rompin.  We drove through the Felda Oil Palm plantations along narrow road.  Traffic was heavy with huge trailers on their way to Kuantan Port.  Imagine having to overtake two sixteen wheelers at one go...otherwise our journey will double the time to reach Rompin.... Still, I told my son not to overtake if there's a double line...the PWD did not draw the line for fun....

Anyway, when we finally reached the junction to Rompin, after passing through Bandar Iskandar, the children were already hungry.  So, we stopped at this Medan Selera near the junction and the children ate their rice with udang galah which Rompin is famous for. Hubby tapau rice, grilled fish and also udang galah for our break fast that evening.

When we finally reached Lanjut Golden Beach and Golf Resort, it was already 4pm. We stayed at the main building near the swimming pool.  Our rooms were on the first floor with a connecting door.  I chose the wooden chalet, but hubby said better to stay in the main building since most of the chalets were unoccupied.  


(our rooms 1st floor on the left)

After our solat (jamak zohor and asar), hubby and I walked along the beach, hand in hand...so lovey dovey.....hehehe..... Of course here we could not view the sunset, since we were on the east coast.  But then, we could view sunrise the next morning...so unromantic...

Then, when the children joined us at the beach, they took our pictures....My daughter, Ayeshah said, "Wahh, so jiwang abah and ummi".  Since my children were already wearing their swimming gear, hubby gave them permission to wade in the sea.  I panic, when I saw huge waves pounding the beach, although it was low tide.  So, hubby also joined them to keep watch.  I watched all of them from the beach and everytime a huge wave came, I got worried.  It was already 6.30pm and I had to return to our room to prepare for break fast.  I tried signalling my hubby to return with the children, but I guess he did not have the heart to stop them having fun.  They were having fun as I watched them from the beach.

So, I returned to our room and set the small coffee table our food for break fast.  Hubby returned and had his bath whilst the children now having fun at the resort pool. From salt water to chlorinated water.....

After breaking fast, we had our prayers (jamak maghrib and eshaq). My hubby imam the prayers.  Then after resting for a short while, we drove to Rompin town for our supper.  Our children and hubby had ikan bakar whilst I opt for roti canai mandi since I already ate rice with udang galah for breaking fast. We returned to the resort, and since it was already late, we abandon our plan to lepak by the pool.  

As for me and the children, since the resort provide free wifi, we were on Facebook to catch up with our online friends.  Hubby was already dozing with the tv watching him....hehehe....

The next morning, after solat fajr, hubby and I went to the beach again for our morning walk.  The sun had already risen, and since we were walking with our back to the sun, we could watch our own shadows on the white sand (white?? looks yellowish brown to me..).  Anyway, I took a lot of pictures but the ones which had me posing, were shot by darling hubby. He sure could not take good pictures like I could...heeheehee...

Somewhere along the beach, we came across these pawprints? hoofprints? Deifinitely not footprints... It came from the sea and up towards the undergrowth and back to the sea again.... or was it vice versa??  Anyway, it could be A) a turtle looking for a spot to lay its eggs B) a biawak wanting to have a deep in the blue waters or C) a calf looking for its mommy OR if one fantasize, neptune going undercover on land...




Anyway, we then had breakfast at the coffee house.  We were later joined by our children. Then we took more pictures of the hotel grounds before returning to our rooms.  We then checked out  and on the way out of the hotel grounds, we took more pictures on the golf course. Then we drove to Rompin town to have our lunch.  After lunch, hubby and Khairulzaman went to the mosque in town to have their Solat Jumaat.  As for me and my daughters, we waited at the only hypermarket in town, buying snacks for our journey down south.

Au Revoir Rompin, InshaAllah, we will come again.  



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...