Sunday, November 4, 2012

Khadijah's father-in-law

(Ahmad's father (Encik Khalid), sitting third from left)


On Monday October 29, I was suppose to take my mother for her follow-up with the surgeon at HUKM, but then, I had to ask my son Badruzzaman to assist because hubby and I had to drive to Naka Kedah to attend the funeral of my son-in-law's father, Encik Khalid.  My mother understood the situation and gave her blessing.  She gave me some cash and told me to give it to Ahmad's mother.

Allahyarham Khalid passed away at dawn Monday October 29.  My son-in-law with my daughter were on their way home that morning from Rumah Liza, where they spent the weekend during Raya Haji, when they received the news.  It was a real shock to all of us when Kak Long conveyed the sad news.  

According to Ahmad's mother, his father passed away in his sleep.  Kak Long told us that Ahmad cried all the way to Naka.  Ahmad have taken a week's leave beginning Wednesday 31 October to visit his family at Naka with kak long, since Kak Long is now fit to travel.  They wanted to spend time with Ahmad's family.

So, hubby, Sofiyah and I left for Naka that Monday afternoon and reached Naka at 5pm, just in time for hubby to solat jenazah with Ahmad's relatives and the villagers.  

Allahyarham Khalid was only 54 years old.  He left a wife and six children, four boys and two girls, and also a daughter-in-law who is now pregnant with his first grandchild, InshaAllah.

Al Fatihah.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...