Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ketupat Nasi

(the rice ketupat, all that was left on the first day of Hari Raya Haji)


For Hari Raya Haji, I made seventy pieces of ketupat, and also cooked five kampung chicken for making rendang.  

Besides ketupat and rendang, I also made kuah kacang which is compulsory for every raya celebrations.

In fact, I only cook ketupat  twice a year i.e. during Eid Mubarak and Eidul Adha (Hari Raya Haji), because I do not know how to make the ketupat casing.....So, I had to buy the casing at the pasar tani or pasar kajang.  But of course can use the plastic casing for ketupat, but the taste is not the same....

I tried to learn making the ketupat casing since I was a kid from my father, but alas, I failed.  In my family only my father and my younger brother know how to make the casing.  My husband nor my children also could not make the ketupat casing.  Perhaps my son-in-law knows??? Hmmmm......




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...