Sunday, October 7, 2012

Homestay Course @Terengganu

(Introducing myself on stage...)

(Group No.3, preparing our presentation)

(Course participants with Encik Abdul Ghani Harun (Timbalan Pengarah Negeri PDNKK, Terengganu) (seated third from left)

(me with Badruzzaman and a course participant)


Badruzzaman and I flew to Kuala Terengganu on board Air Asia from KLCCT at 6.55am Tuesday 2nd October 2012.  Hubby sent us to the airport at 4.30am.  We reached KLCCT at 5.20am and did a self-check in at an Air Asia kiosk.  We then had our Fajr prayers at the surau in the departure lounge.  

We landed safely at Kuala Terengganu 7.55am.  My bff, Datin Norizan Zakaria was already waiting for us at the arrival gate. She then drove us to Hotel YT Midtown in Kuala Terengganu.  Datin's kindergarten was just across the road from the hotel.  We plan to meet again for dinner in the evening.

When we arrived at the hotel, we registered ourselves at the ballroom.  Most of the other participants were already seated.  They came as far as Johore, Kedah, Selangor and also Penang.  Most  were from Kelantan and Terengganu too.  I was the only one from Negeri Sembilan.

The course was officially launched by Encik Abdul Ghani Harun, Timbalan Pengarah KPDNKK Terengganu.  (KPDNKK is Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri, Koperasi dan Kepenggunaan). (www.kpdnkk.gov.my) Maktab Koperasi Malaysia (www.mkm.edu.my).

The facilitators were Encik Dino Faizal bin Abdullah and Encik Ju Samsuddin bin Safian from MKM.  Encik Mohd Azmi bin Abdul Aziz (Persatuan Homestay Negeri Terengganu).

According to Encik Dino Faizal, to qualify for a homestay status, you have to have at least ten houses within the village and each house must have a family living in it, and that their guests will live with them during the tenure of their stay.  As hosts, they have to entertain their guests e.g. by organising cultural event, cooking local dishes, introducing traditional games etc.

As for the house which the guests will be staying, it should have attached bathroom (with a proper WC, not the squatting type) for each bedroom. The bathroom must be clean at all times. The hosts themselves must be friendly and knowledgeable and also internet savvy.

Well, I can no longer use the name 'LIZAS HOMESTAY' because I do not qualify.  Instead, I could change the name to 'Lizas Kampung House', or 'Pondok Kak Liza' or 'Teratak Norliza'.  Any suggestions??  If I continue using LIZAS HOMESTAY, it is illegal, and I could be fined up to RM500,00 by the Tourism Ministry. 

When my kampung house is ready, I will let it out, first to my family, relatives and friends.  Then only will it be open to the public and hopefully, international visitors.  Well, until I get a new name for my kampung house, LIZAS HOMESTAY is here to stay in my blog's label....hehehe......



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...