Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Our 30th wedding anniversary


Today is our 30th wedding anniversary, and if we were to include from the day we knew each other, that would be an additional ten years.... From being pen-pals, being a couple and now happily married.... Of course, it has not been smooth sailing, but then it would certainly be a boring journey if there are no challenges along the way...


(the view from the restaurant at sunset)

This year, our anniversary falls during the month of Ramadhan.  So, since yesterday was a public holiday in Selangor, we drove to the farm in Pedas, to check on our homestay project.  Then, after asar prayers at the farm, we decided to break fast at the Medan Ikan Bakar in Pasir Panjang, Port Dickson. The journey from the farm to Pasir Panjang was about thirty minutes.

Then, as we drove from Linggi town, we came across this dilapidated kampung house which has this unique staircase.  We fell in love with the design and decided to build one like that for our homestay.


(hubby took this picture...very amateurish...hehehee..)

Ermmm....but then, can only start building after Eid Mubarak....(our beloved contractor said).  Well...we can wait...since the back portion of the homestay is ready for accommodation.....

The reason why my hubby wants the staircase to look like that is because, he wants our 'cucus' (future grandchildren) to slide on both sides of the staircase.  Underneath the staircase there will be a tunnel for them to play hide n seek.... Hahahaha....and he said he's not ready to have 'cucus' now.....

Anyway, after we broke our fast at the medan ikan bakar (we ate grilled siakap, sambal sotong, buttered prawns, kai lan ikan masin, and kembong masak asam pedas), we had our maghrib prayers at the mosque in Pasir Panjang town.  Then, we stopped at the Telok Kemang mosque for our Eshaq and Terawih prayers.

Hubby told me if they do 20 rakaats of terawih, we do only 8 rakaats plus 3 witr, since we have to return to Kajang.  But then, at this mosque they do 10 rakaats, and half hour of tazkirah, then only 3 rakaats witr.  When the lady praying next to me told me there will be half hour of tazkirah, I excused myself and did my 3 rakaats witr.  Then I waited for hubby at the car park.  The tazkirah lasted only 5 mins.  Aiyaaaaa!! So, I waited for hubby to finish his witr with the congregation.

When hubby saw me at the car park, he told me he asked this young boy to look for me at the ladies prayer hall and to call out my name very loud.  Of course no one answered since I already left the hall.  Hehehe....... Hubby was relieved when he found me waiting at the car park.

We stopped at A&W Seremban, on our way to Lekas highway, to quench our thirst. We reached home safely just before midnight. Alhamdullilah.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...