Friday, May 18, 2012

The Akad Nikah - Tuesday May 1 2012

(the simple dais in our living room)

(
(the imam arrived from Kajang Mosque)

(father of the bride discussing with the Imam)

(the groom with the Imam)

(the Akad Nikah - father of the bride solemnised the marriage)

(the Imam reciting the doa after the Akad Nikah)

(the bride receiving the wedding ring from the groom)

(kissing her husband's hand for the first time....)

(now her husband's turn to kiss her forehead...)


After a long absence.....this will be my first entry for May 2012.... I was extremely busy preparing the wedding ceremony for my eldest daughter... First the Akad Nikah on May 1st (Tuesday), followed by the wedding reception on May 6th (Sunday) and the final wedding reception to the groom's side on Saturday 12th May which was held in Naka, Kedah (north of Kuala Lumpur).

The Akad Nikah ceremony was held on May 1 2012 (Tuesday) at my abode in Kajang, Selangor. It was a public holiday being Labour Day here in Malaysia.  My parents, siblings, in-laws and most of my relatives, and also my neighbours attended the akad nikah ceremony.


When the Imam (who is also my ustaz who taught me Al Quran and Tajweed at the Kajang mosque) arrived at 10am, the groom and his entourage (his parents, two of his siblings and his close relatives) were already waiting for him.  


My husband did the akad nikah with the groom himself, and Alhamdullilah with just a single lafadz from the groom, my daughter is now officially married. Tears flowed....from me of course....happy tears, sad tears....all into one.... I just could not describe the feelings..... I could only pray for my daughter and her husband that they will have a blessed marriage throughout their lives, full of happiness and also be blessed with many children (anak-anak yang soleh dan solehah) who will become good and pious Muslims. Amin.


After the akad nikah ceremony, the guests were invited to a delicious lunch of white rice, daging salai, sambal udang petai, ayam masak merah, ikan masin, sambal belacan with sayur ulam and cool and refreshing sirap limau juice.


Each guest were given a door gift of dodol and wajik wrapped inside a traditional mengkuang box.








Well, even the gift was in pink...that was because the colour theme for my daughter's akad nikah event was PINK (her favourite colour).  She was a beautiful bride....


(the groom with the bride's family)

 (the bride's siblings clowning with the groom...)

(the happy couple...)


So....after the akad nikah ceremony, the Khatam Al Quran was held at 3pm that day.  I could not take any pictures because I too read the last ten Surahs of the Holy Quran with the bride... The event was for ladies only... Well, perhaps a few of my lady guests did took a few shots using their mobile.....need to enquire from them.... As for my other children and also father of the bride.....they were taking a nap somewhere around the house......
Well, event on May 1, Alhamdullilah, settled.  Now to write re event on May 6.....
 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...