Thursday, April 19, 2012

Training for a 5K




My heel is healing quite well now, and Alhamdullilah, ever since I had the last injection, there was hardly any pain.  So, since running is my passion, I hope to start running again soon. 

I was reading yesterday's The Star newspaper when I came across this article.  I would like to share it with everyone.

TRAINING FOR A 5k
If you're new to running, best to ease into it.  Start by walking, then walk faster, then alternate walking and running.

Here's a training plan suggested by KC Express, a running and walking club for women.  With this schedule, women who participate in the Mother's Day 5K, a women-only event, could be ready in six weeks o run more than 75% of the race.  Each week, perform the exercise on days one, three and five.  Have one complete rest day.  The other two days can be rest days or, even better, days with other types of workouts.

>Week  1:  Walk 30 minutes
>Week  2:  Run 30 seconds, walk 90 seconds.  Repeat 20 times
>Week  3:  Run 60 seconds, walk 60 seconds.  Repeat 15 times
>Week  4:  Run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds.  Repeat 10 times
>Week  5:  Run two minutes, walk one minute.  Repeat six times
>Week  6:  Run four minutes, walk one minute.  Repeat six times
>Week  7:  Run six minutes, walk one minute.  Repeat five times
>Week  8:  Run eight minutes, walk one minute.  Repeat four times
>Week  9:  Run 10 minutes, walk one minute.  Repeat three times
>Week 10: Run 12 minutes, walk one minute.  Repeat two times
>Week 11: Run 15 minutes, walk one minute.  Repeat two times
>Week 12: Run 30 minutes
-The Kansas City Star/McClatchy Tribute Information Services


Well, I need to rearrange my schedule and hope to start training soon.  Pray my health permits, Amin.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...