Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Henna Tree.....




My aunty (Mak Long Adnan) gave me this Henna Tree when I visited her about a year ago.  Each time I prune it, it will grow more and more leaves..... So far, a few of my friends have used the henna for their daughter's wedding.  So now it is my turn to use the leaves for my daughter's wedding.

According to my friend, for best result, it is better to grind the leaves using this equipment.



My mother gave me this granite grounder (batu penggiling) when I told her I wanted to 'giling inai' (grind henna).  She got the grinder from her aunty.  She warned me to wash and clean thoroughly the 'bolster shaped' (anak penggiling) to rid of the chilli paste, curry paste etc.... otherwise when my daughter put on the henna on her ten fingers and ten toes...she will be very uncomfortable....she sure can still feel the 'hotness' of the chilli paste...hehehe... So I will definitely have to clean the granite bolster thoroughly.

When I told my girlfriends that I already got the penggiling, they too were excited.  Everyone wanted to try their hands on this penggiling..... Well, we modern mums now use the electrical grinder or blender to do almost anything when cooking......

Well, also to watch out is that this penggiling is SOOOOOOO heavy!! So, do not move it around unnecessarily..... If you drop it on the floor, it will not break, but your floor will crack!!
AND...if you drop it on your foot...say bye-bye to your foot!! HAHAHHAA......



1 comment:

Seri Kandi Tanah Jauhar said...

adoih! Kak.. kaki mak sy pernah kena timba batu giling ni.. patah.. adeh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...