Friday, April 13, 2012

A day to remember....

(me with the children minus Wahid, he was the photographer)
 
(Kak Long receiving her engagement ring from her mother-in-law)







My eldest daughter was engaged on March 3 at our house.  The ceremony was a simple one.  The groom’s parents, together with two of his uncles and aunties and kid sister came around 3pm.  My parents were with my family to welcome them on that day. 

After the discussion on the wedding date and the dowry etc… the groom’s mother put on the gold ring onto my daughter’s right ring finger.  We then took a few pictures, Wahid being the photographer….

Then we served the groom’s family rice, chicken rendang, daging salai, fried kampong chicken, sambal belacan with ulam, salted fish and watermelon for dessert.  My dearest mum cooked all these dishes.  She too was excited since her first grandchild is getting married.  I love my mum so much….

My future son-in-law only came to the house when my parents wanted to meet him for the first time.  So he had ‘lunch’ with my parents in the family breakfast room a.k.a. kitchen since all my sons were also there having their ‘lunch’.  My dad was the happiest granddad in the world!!

After serving my guests tea with ‘kek kukus’ (fruit cake) which my mum baked (wish I could be like her…the best cook in the world!), it was time for my guests to leave.  So, I gave my future ‘besan’ (son-in-law parents), a gift each and also to their entourage. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...