Friday, April 13, 2012

Blessed with good neighbours...






(father of d bride all smiles...)







My daughter’s wedding is coming very close now…..InshaAllah in two weeks time.  Preparations are underway and hopefully, by next week, everything is in order.  Actually, I am feeling very nervous coupled with tonnes of worriness….

Anyway, last Sunday (April 8), we had a ‘berkampung’ event with all my neighbours in my housing area.  ‘Berkampung’ is where we meet and discussed with the neighbours about the wedding preparations. Our neighbours agreed to help out in whatever needs there is. So, whoever volunteered was given a specific ‘job’ to do. 

The meeting began at around 10.30am.  All my neighbours were present, except for three of my neighbours who were outstation at that time.  We then had lunch (catered by Ayu Caterers) of rice, beef curry, fried kampong chicken, ulam with sambal belacan and salted fish.  Hajah Rafisah contributed jeruk maman, Hajah Zaitun cream caramel and Puan Azlina gave curry puff and kueh kasui. 

I am blessed with good neighbours in my taman where I have been living for the last twenty four years.  We moved into this taman from 11th mile Jalan Cheras in 1989.  I had three of my children, Khairulzaman, Wahiduzzaman and Siti Sofiyah when we moved here. Alhamdullilah.

My husband is the Secretary in our Jawatankuasa Taman.  Dr Haji Harun is our Chairman.  Encik Wan Yusuf is our Treasurer.  My husband became the Secretary because, when we bought our house from its previous owner, he (Hj Ramli) was the Secretary, so the position was bestowed on my husband automatically….(no voting required)…







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...