Saturday, February 11, 2012

Menopause...




I was in the kitchen preparing lunch for Sofiyah, and as always, I would turn on the tv.  There's a tv set in my kitchen and also a tv set in the laundry room (where I do the ironing).  The tv keeps me company, since I am usually alone at home after the children left for work and school.

The tv was on, but I was not paying much attention, until I heard the word 'Menopause'.  The programme was on Channel 1.

"There was this lady, sitting on the couch and fanning herself even though the ceiling fan was on.  She kept complaining that she felt hot all over (hot as in warm, not the other 'hot' thingy..hehhehe..).  She was also unkempt.  The room she was in was also in a mess.  Anyway, the husband then walked in and complained about the wife not keeping the house in order.  A small argument than ensued, with the wife saying that the husband was now always complaining and that he no longer needed her because he has eyes for the widow Jamilah!!

Then came bedtime, they were both in bed.  Wife still complained she felt hot all over and told husband to increase the aircon thermostat. Husband said he was already freezing in the room. So, he left the wife and slept in the living room instead.

Next morning, wife went to see the doctor. She looked tired and dressed gaudily.  She told doctor what she was going through, and wanted to know what was wrong with her. Besides the hot flushes, the mood swings, she felt pain during intercourse.

Doctor explained, what she was going through is called menopause.  The symptoms are: hot flushes, tiredness, mood-swings, sometimes pain during intercourse due to dryness in vagina. Then doctor asked whether she had pap-smear and mammogram done.  She said no. So doctor did the pap-smear and sent her to do the mammogram. Then doctor said she must take hormone pills. 

So, when she came for her follow-up appointment, here comes this lady wearing a kebaya, high heels and a groovy handbag.  Voila! She looked entirely different when she first came to see the doctor.  Then when the doctor asked how she was, she said, "Oh I felt so good doctor. My husband also happy doctor... (blush blush).""

Well. will I have all these symptoms when I reached menopause? Or perhaps, I am already menopause mode but did not realize it yet, since I do not have all those symptoms? As for taking hormone pills, I think I prefer to continue taking honey with black seed oil on alternate mornings....plus my vitamins.



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...