Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lunch with Ustaz and coursemates




(the lady in turquoise tudung brought the pavlova)
(My ustaz Abdullah Bukhari Abdul Rahim with his wife and children)


After attending our tafsir and tilawah class at UIA Gombak, we all drove to Kak Leha Kel Food Restaurant at Taman Melati.  This restaurant was beside the MRR2 highway, and since we were driving from UIA into the highway, we had to make a U-turn at the underpass towards Setapak.  

I reached the venue first and so had to wait for the others to come.  Luckily there was an empty parking lot infront of the restaurant.  Since our 'Penghulu' (head of class) had already made bookings I easily found our table in the huge restaurant.  There were twenty of us including our Ustaz and his family.  

Lunch was served as soon as Ustaz and his family arrived.  We had plain rice with ikan kembong bakar, ulam with sambal belacan, kerabu perut and kerabu mangga, mixed vegetables, ayam percik and daging masak kicap.  As for quenchers, most of them had fruit juices.  As for me, I asked for hot water (large mug) and dip my sachet of Green Tea.  I do not drink iced or chilled juices.  I prefer to drink warm sky juice!

Then for dessert, one of my coursemate brought a 'Pavlova' which her daughter made.  This was the first time I was eating this PavlovaIt was delicious! Melt in my mouth....the toppings were passion fruits, strawberries and ?? (wonder what are the dark coloured fruits....)

(the pavlova)

When it was time to end the event, our honourable ustaz received a gift from all of us.  We then bid farewell to Ustaz and his family.  I too bid farewell to my coursemates and hope to meet again in March when our new semester begins.... 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...