Monday, October 24, 2011

Salmah's Eldest son's wedding


 (me with Norizan, standing behind us: fr left Zakaria, James Foo Cheek Par, Abang Johari Saat, Mohd Idris Sattar, Molane Mortojo and Akbal Ahmad)



(BFF me, Salmah Awang and Norizan Zakaria)




 (the Dais for the bride and groom)

(the traditional 'wedding cake' made from yellow glutinous rice)


Yesterday, just after fajr prayers, my husband drove me to Johor Baharu.  We left the house at 5.30am and stopped at Bangi to have our prayers.  We got into the PLUS highway at around 6.30am.  We reached Johor Baharu at 8.45am.

Norizan fetched me at around 10.30am and took me to her parent's house at Melodys Garden.  My husband checked into Central Hotel while waiting for me to return from Singapore.
I met Izan's mother, a sweet lady....she will also follow us to the wedding.  Izan's brother in law, with his wife drove us to Singapore.  There was a long queue to the immigration check point at Woodlands.  Took us one hour to get clearance and enter Singapore.  What a shame!!

Anyway, we reached Salmah's wedding reception about 10 mins later.  The event was held at the community hall at Avenue 4, Choa  Chu Kang.  Salmah was so surprised to see me.  She thought I was unable to attend.  Threre were the guys....my ex Monkshillian classmates....I was so happy to meet them.  

There was abang Joe (Salmah's cousin).  The last time I met him was in 1978, when I was in Singapore attending Abang Cits wedding.  Abang Joe is still a biker.  Now he rides a Harley....wowww.....I noticed the tee shirt he was wearing at Salmah's son's wedding...a Harley Davidson tee shirt.  Abang Joe said he will drop by at my farm if he and his big bikers come again to Malaysia. Abang Joe has 5 children and 3 grandchildren....and he rides a Harley....Wowww and wow wow.....

Izan and I left around 3pm.  When we reached Johor Baharu, I got down at Central Hotel and bid goodbye to Izan and her family.  When I reached room 2009...hubby opened the door, and was surprised to see me 'home' so early..... 

We left for home after Asar prayers.....but before that, we had mee rebus, sup kambing, tahu bakar at a food stall along the alley in Johor Baharu.   Oh yaa! teh tarik also....

We finally reached home, safe and sound, at 9.30pm....  I thanked my husband very much for driving me to Johor Baharu and allowing me to attend the wedding....Yang...you are the BEST!! I love you very strong.....

(Kamaruzaman bin Budin)






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...