Saturday, October 15, 2011

Plantar Fasciitis....r u gone 4 good???


 (this is the Tai Chi Kung Fu San (fan))


This morning, I decided to go to the football stadium at Kajang town which is about five minutes drive from home.   When I reached the stadium, there were joggers on the track, and children with their parents at the huge playground at one corner of the stadium.  There were also a group practicing tai chi near the car park area.  On the football field were two groups of boys playing football at each goal post. 

I made my way behind the goal post and found a spot where I could do my tai chi.   Of course lah, I make sure that I was wayyyyyy behind the goal post...I do not want to get hit by a stray ball.....Luckily they were not having a match...otherwise I would be their spectator instead......

Anyway, I started by doing the warm up, tai chi style.  There are eleven styles and I completed it within 20 mins.   Then I did the Tai Chi Chung 37 steps.  This I must do within 10 mins.  No more no less.  If more than 10 mins, that would mean I was too slow.....If less than 10 mins...than I was too fast......Difficult eh?? Well, practice makes perfect.... After practicing tai chi for 12 years....no problem for me to do it in 10 mins flat!!  Another thing though.... when I completed the 10 mins, my position must not go beyond the yin yang circle..... tough eh?? Well....like I said...Practice makes Perfect.....

After that, I took out my Tai Chi Kung Fu san (fan), flick it open a few times...enjoying its 'open and shut' sound...mind you, its loud enough to gather attention!!  Well, when I did that, I could 'feel' other eyes watching me.......(of course lah...I dare not look around....I have to focus....and remember the song when I do the Tai Chi Kung Fu San.  TCKFS took 3 mins 43 seconds only.....



Then, after doing Tai Chi Kung Fu San, I proceeded to the track and  walked briskly for two rounds....then I started to jog...slowly of course....I still fear of injuring my heel again..... After one round of jogging, I walked briskly again for another round....and jog again the next round, a little faster this time and for the final round, I walked briskly again.   Then I cooled down by walking slowly back and forth behind the goal post...By this time there was no one playing football..... I took 20 mins doing the jogging and brisk walking....

I finally left the stadium at 9.00am.  But I did not go straight home... I went to the Pasar Tani (farmers market) to buy crabs and prawns.....fresh ones of course.  Oh yaaaa.....there was no class today at UIA Gombak....my lecturer took leave.  So, next week, there will be an extra half hour for class.......

Well, Alhamdullilah, I felt no pain whatsoever on my left heel...but when I wanted to climb the stairs to my bathroom for shower.....I felt pain on my left ankle....Now whaaaaaat?????  Datuk Dr Mahmood Merican.....here I come.....




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...