Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Semester, New Course at UIA Gombak


(my new bag....2 in 1, can sling and backpack tooo....)


This morning I left the house at 7.30am for my first day at UIA Gombak.  I am pursuing a course on Tilawah and Tafsir Al Quran.  This course will end in January 2012, and the next semester will be in March 2012.

Driving along MRR2 was a breeze....I reached UIA at 8.00am.  Managed to locate the Engineering Faculty where my classes will be held, but took  a while to find my classroom.  When I still could not locate the classroom, I called the Ustaz and he directed me to it and if I still unable to locate it to wait for the other students......

Finally found the classroom at 9.00am sharp.  There were already a few students in the classroom.  So I left my bag at my desk and went to the loo (nature's call)... and bump into my exclassmate from UIA Nilai. She too was joining this class.  

There were about 15 of us in this class.  Half were new ones, including me.  So....we, the new students will have to start from Juzuk 2 of surah Al Baqarah, same level as the 'old' students.  They have already completed Juzuk 1 of suah Al Baqarah.  Anyway, our Ustaz, his name is Abdullah Bukhari, is very young and handsome....At first I thought he was an expatriate from middle east....but then when he spoke Bahasa in a very familiar dialect...I realised that he is a Kelantanese.....mu orei kelate ustaz??? Hehehe...


Anyway, when class ended at around 11.00am, I met Herlin (an Indonesian student, girlfriend of my friend's son, also from Indonesia and who once rented my Maytower studio) for lunch.  I fetched her at the girls' hostel within the campus.  We had lunch at one of the cafeteria.  

Then, while driving back to the hostel, I saw my exclassmate walking to her car...I honked and yelled at her..."Ooiiiiiiii!!!!!...", she sportingly waved back.... Herlin had a good laugh!! She said, "wahhhh, aunty ni macam student jugak yaa....."  Hahahaha.......

Well, will be returning to UIA next week, till then...... adios UIA!!








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...