Friday, October 21, 2011

My cross stitch pictures

 (My 3rd cross-stitch picture, it now hangs in my hubby's office right behind his desk)

 (my second attempt of the Holy Mosque cross-stitch, still uncompleted)

 (this is my latest project....yet to be completed....wonder when???)

 (This was my 1st cross-stitch picture, the Holy Mosque in Mecca)

 (My 2nd cross-stitch picture, took me 7 months to finish)

(My 4th cross-stitch picture, a kampung house, took me only two months to finish)



Well, I started an interest in cross-stitch in 1998.  Wow.....almost 13 years ago, and a picture of the Holy Mosque in Mecca was my first project.  I completed it towards end of 1999.  Well, it took me almost a year to complete it because I only do cross-stitch while watching TV after dinner.  Usually I will spend about two to three hours doing cross-stitch.  It would also depend on my moods.....

It also took a lot longer to finish a picture because, sometime I got lazy and not in the mood to do cross-stitch.  So, usually after a lonnnnnggg break, it becomes utterly difficult to start again....but then, when I did start cross-stitching again, I got all geared up to complete the picture.... Yet, when I got 'high' doing it, there was no more thread to continue.... so, have to wait for a few more finished coloured thread  before I could go to the handicraft shop to buy the much needed thread.

The DMC thread which I am using is so expensive nowadays.... When I first started, it cost only 30 sen each.  Now it costs RM1.40.  So, if my hubby wants to buy my cross-stitch (he bought my first cross-stitch for RM3.500) he will have to pay triple the amount of my first cross-stitch picture, heheheehee.... Well, I will only sell my cross-stitch pictures  to my hubby, because, then my cross-stitch will not leave the family home.......Well, actually, I wish to complete at least 7 pictures before I die, so that each of my children will have a picture to hang at their respective homes.

I hope I could complete the above last two pictures before year ends, and begin another cross-stitch picture of a bowl of fresh fruits to hang in my kitchen.early next year, InshaAllah.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualikum,

I would really love if you could provide me to where I can find the cross stitch design for mecca. I would really appreciate that. Please email me at babykitten24@hotmail.ca. JAK

Unknown said...

I am interested to buy the holy mosque cross stitch. May I know where to buy them? My email is lhkkelvin@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your kampung house stitch is BEAUTIFUL! Would you mind sharing the pattern with me? I love Malaysia and miss it so!

THANK YOU!!!

(xxsimplicity11@gmail.com)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...