Thursday, August 4, 2011

Final Decision....so...buzz off Plantar F!!



Fasting during the month of Ramadan began 1st August 2011 (Monday).  All my children were at home when we had our pre-dawn meal.  I woke up at 3.30am and did my supererogatory prayers, after which I went to the kitchen to cook fried rice and chicken nuggets.  

After dawn prayers, I wanted to send Sofiyah to school, but hubby said he would send her instead.  So....I drove to Kuala Lumpur since my appointment with the Orthopaedic surgeon was at 9.30am.   I thought I had ample time to reach Pantai Medical Centre since I left the house at 8.00am... boy.....was I wrong..... I was caught in the traffic jam just after the toll at Taman Connaught... Traffic was hardly moving....but then, when it moved I found myself inching bit by bit.... Was there a road block?? An accident??? Aiyaaaaaa!!!!! When traffic began to move ever so slowly.....it was already 9am!!! I called PMC to inform that I might be late.

I finally reached PMC at 9.25am.  Registered myself at the counter on 4th floor.  When the clerk asked me whether I have been to PMC before, I told her....yeah! before you were born!!! Hehehe........ (well, she's only 20 years old).  I delivered all my children at PMC, and my eldest daughter is now 27 years old....

When it was my turn to see the doctor, I was amazed to see that he has not aged at all....Wowww......dear doctor, you are as handsome as ever.... (hey!!! I'm not being 'gatal' okay!...hehehe..) Anyway, I then explained to the doctor about my heel problem after removing my socks.  He also said its Plantar Fasciitis alright!!  So how Doctor?? Actually I was seeking a second opinion whether to proceed with the steroid injection or not.  Well, when doctor convinced me to proceed, I told him to go ahead with the injection. Any pain ah doctor??  Like ant-bite only.....
 
So....I was told to lie down on the hospital bed and given a LA injection.  Before he began injecting the steroid, he told me he would do it slowly..... Why ah? If fast-fast got more pain ah??  Well, I did felt pain, initially, but only for a few seconds.....Then it was all over...can go home now..... Doctor said I need to rest for at least a month, meaning, no running, no climbing, no hiking.....Well, fasting month lah doctor....where can do all that????  I have to see the doctor again in two weeks time.  Oh yaaa....doctor also told me to take ARCOXIA daily for 10 days....

Well.....after breaking fast, I quickly took ARCOXIA because....I began to feel pain....  Today is Thursday (day 4 after taking ARCOXIA for three days) and I did not feel any pain whatsoever, Alhamdullilah.....I have to complete the dosage than only do I dare to say that I have made the right choice of injecting the steroid..... 





 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...