Monday, July 18, 2011

Medina o Medina.....

 (Next to the Rado shop is where I bought my arabic perfume...)

 (closing of the umbrella is at 6.30pm everyday...)

 (me with two Iranian ladies....)

 (infront of the womens' entrance at the Prophet's mosque)

 (me with Ayeshah...)

 (colourful scarves for sale...only SR5 per piece)

 (the food court just outside the main gate near the women's entrance)

 (a fast food outlet...)

(prepaid anyone??...)


 It was around 2.15am when I suddenly awoke.  Ayeshah was still sleeping soundly.  The bus was still moving towards Medina.  I looked out the window and saw the flickering lights (sounds like the lyrics of the song Hotel California...hmmmm)..Anyway, the ustaz who was accompanying us, then spoke over the intercom and welcomed us to Medina.  He recited the doa on entering Medina and we all said "Aminn".  My tears flowed freely...to think that I was in Medina, and will be visiting the Prophet's mosque was so overwhelming ....and I never could imagine that I was celebrating my 53rd birthday (28th June) in the Holy City of Medina AllahuAkbar...

It was almost 3.00am when we reached the hotel.  The hotel was just a stone throw from the Prophet's mosque.  Our room was on the 10th floor.  We then had our bath and after ablutions, we went to the mosque for fajr prayers... There were so many pilgrims that I felt as though it was during hajj...

At the entrance of the womens' prayer hall, our pouches were searched, we were not allowed to bring cameras or mobiles into the mosque.  After fajr prayers, we drank zam-zam water available in large containers in the mosque.  We then return to the hotel for breakfast....






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...