Sunday, June 26, 2011

Umrah - Mecca and Medina

 (My second Hajj with my husband in 2006)

I will be going to Mecca and Medina to perform umrah with my second daughter, Siti Ayeshah.  We have already registered our trip with Tabung Haji Travel in Kuala Lumpur.  This will be my third umrah pilgrimage whilst it will be the first for Ayeshah.

My first umrah pilgrimage was in 1999.  At that time I was pregnant with Sofiyah (my youngest child).  I was about seven months pregnant then.  I went with my sis-in-law (Hajah Teh, who passed away two years ago) and my neighbour, Hajah Asmah.  We went with Triways travel.  For my second pilgrimage, I went with my husband.  That was in 2003.  As for my Hajj pilgrimage, I did it in 1987 (when I was 29 years old, pregnant with my third child, Badruzzaman).  My second Hajj pilgrimage was with my husband, in 2006.  I was 48 years old.  

Each time I went on the pilgrimage, whether for Umrah or Hajj, I will always prepare myself, physically (need to be fit, because one will have to do a lot of walking to and from the Masjidil Haram Mosque) and to attend the full Hajj courses organised by Tabung Haji.

For my trip this time around, the weather is extremely hot in Mecca and Medina.  I knew this from my friends and relatives who did their umrah during May and June.  I will be leaving on the 27th June and returning 8th July.

I adviced Ayeshah to read the guide book on umrah supplied by Tabung Haji Travel, and also to follow me to Ustazah Hajah Kalsom house to listen to her lectures on umrah procedure.  Ayeshah told me she was scared and nervous, being her first umrah.  So I told her to always seek Allah's guidance and pray so that her umrah pilgrimage will be blessed.  




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...