Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tale of two Makciks


At UIA Nilai, where I was pursuing a course in Tajweed, among my coursemates were this Pakcik and Makcik (a very loving and cool couple from Negeri Sembilan).  Both of them are in their sixties. 

Sometimes, both of them will follow me to UM (Universiti Malaya) where we are studying Usuluddin.  Usually, they, and Hajah Hamidah would get into my car and I would drove us all to UM In Kuala Lumpur.  They will leave their cars at my abode.

It was during our return journey from UM that we all had a good laugh when Makcik related to us her  ‘absent-mindedness’ tales (non-fiction) mind you….  Thinking about it already tickles me….hehehehe…

I have already seek Makcik's permission to share her stories in my blog.


Story 1 (HAHAHAHA…)
 Makcik and her husband went to MAHA 2010 in Serdang last year.  They drove all the way from their hometown in their  white Perodua Kancil and parked their car at the parking lot Gate 1 at the MAHA site.

Then they went visiting almost every stall and exhibition halls at MAHA 2010.  Makcik even bought sweet potatoes (why she bought them also she does not know why…. Because sweet potatoes are available at the market where she lives..) and vegetables too.

Anyway, when they decided to go home, they went to the car park and started to look for their car.  They went round and round searching for their Proton Wira instead.  They panicked when they could not find the car.  They forgot that they came in their Perodua Kancil  and not the Proton Wira.

Pakcik was sweating (it was a hot afternoon) and Makcik was grumbling because she was carrying the bag of sweet potatoes and having to lug it around is no fun….  Finally a security guard came to their aid, and helped search for the ‘missing’ car.  They thought their car was stolen.   THEN they decided to call their daughter to inform her about the missing car… Their daughter was puzzled as to why were they looking for the Proton Wira when the car was safe at home…

Then only they remembered that they were using the Perodua Kancil…. They then apologized to the security guard, who stared at them, while scratching his head… Makcik and her husband were so embarrassed…. But no worries makcik…I think the guard understood…..

Both of them had a good laugh driving all the way home….

(Well......I too have experienced the above situation... I had a lunch date with my friend, Maria from Jakarta.  So, I took her to Sogo to have lunch at the Japanese Restaurant there.  I parked my car at the underground parking lot, took note of the parking level and numbered lot.  

After a wonderful lunch (Japanese food...my favourite...yum yum yummmy...), we went down to the parking lot.  That was when I lost my bearing... I could not locate my car!!!  OMG... I was so embarrassed..... and poor Maria, she also had to follow me round and round looking for my car.... I told her to wait for me at the lift entrance while I looked for my car, but she refused and so she followed me... going from one level to another...(luckily there were only 3 levels).

Finally, we saw this security guard and seek his help.  We explained to him where we had parked the car, and he told us to follow him and took us to this door and then down the flight of steps... and Voila!!! there was my car.... Aiyaaaaa!!!! I was so embarrassed!! Maria assured me that she also had experienced the same thing in Jakarta....  I thank the guard and gave him a tip in appreciation.  

We had a good laugh driving all the way back to Maytower.


Story 2 (HAHAHAHHAAHAHA…)
Makcik drove alone  to town in her car (forgot to ask her which car) to do some errands.  She then met an old friend at one of the shops and started chatting about the good ol’ days….  They walked together, still chatting to the bus station.   Then when the bus came, she boarded it too with her friend. 

They were still chatting and laughing etc etc… that suddenly Makcik realized (after a 10km bus ride) that she had left her car in town…  She quickly got down from the bus, crossed the road to the other side and waited for the bus to town.  It was a long wait for the bus to arrive.

Then when she got home, Pakcik asked her  what took her so long to get home.  Makcik gave some other excuses except the above….HAHAHHAA….makcik, makcik….. (you are so cute!!)


(I have not experienced the above...yet.... (who knows...it could also happen to me (since I was laughing my head off after hearing it from makcik)..


Story 3 (HAHAHAHAAHA….)
Makcik had to go to the bank in town and parked her car at the parking lot in front of a large drain.  She forgot to pull her hand brake and suddenly noticed the car next to hers moving backwards… She thought why was the car moving backwards…not realizing that it was her car that was moving forward…right into the drain… luckily it was just the front tyres that went into the drain….   Thank God she was not hurt in any way…. Still it was quite funny….hehehe…

 (well, I did experience something like the above, but my car did not go into the drain... it almost banged into the car parked opposite mine....luckily one of my children was with me and noticed my car was moving forward...and I thought the car next to mine was moving backwards!!!!.... (moral of the story... never parked on a slope!)


Well,  Hamidah and I really had a good laugh when the above were narrated by makcik…. Makcik is so sporting…  we love you makcik….

As for Hamidah, she also had a true story to tell... She had done her shopping at Tesco and went to her car to unload her groceries... Then, when she press the remote to open her car door, nothing happened.  She panicked and started to press her remote numerous times.... still nothing happened...Desperate...she wanted to open the car door manually, it was then that she noticed the interior of the car was unfamiliar.... She then realised that she mistook the car for hers.... Hahahahaa.... (Then I told her I too have the same experience... also at Tesco... I only realised that I got the wrong car when I looked at the number plate!! I also panicked when the door refused to open after pressing the remote!! Aiyaaaaa!!! is this aging or what????)
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...