Sunday, June 12, 2011

Kayak-ing at Swiss Garden Resort, Lumut

(easy enough....but keeps going round and round....)

(Ayeshah getting giddier....)

(now getting the hang of it.... row row row your kayak!..)

(Ayeshah getting tired....)

(she's ok now.....)

(Yeah! I did it...no more rowing in circles....)

(come on mom...let's go home.... (Ayeshah moaning...)

(laa...la..la..lalalal.....laaa.......)


My husband and I last visited Lumut when we got married in 1982.  We visited hubby's elder brother who was in the Malaysian Royal Navy based in Lumut before his retirement.  

Since it was the schools' holidays, we decided to take our children (Ayeshah, Wahiduzzaman and Sofiyah) with us to Lumut.  We stayed at the Swiss Garden Resort, Lumut.  The rest of our children could not come because they have to return to their universities for the new semester.  As for Khadijah, she could not get leave from work...

It was at this resort that I learned to kayak.... At first I was not keen, because I may have to change into my swimming gear.... But then, when Wahid said, "no need lah umi....you can wear jeans and shirt...but you have to put on the life jacket..." Well then...I'm game!!

So, I sat in the kayak, me infront, and Ayeshah right behind me.... Now what?? Ayeshah said, "You have to paddle lah umi.... use the oars...." Oh! Okay... 

So paddle I did... until Ayeshah said, "Umi, you are making me dizzy...."  Aikk!! How come?? She said, " You are going round and round and round...." Oh really?? Sorry dear....

It took me awhile to paddle correctly... But then, it was so easy..... until Wahid said, "sure lah easy...the sea so calm.... if got choppy waves....difficult umi...."  Yessss ahhh??

Well, lets go to Port Dickson then.....
 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...