Sunday, May 8, 2011

Traditional Medicine - Chinese style



Today is Mothers' Day here in Malaysia.  Last night Sofiyah gave me a box of my favourite chocolate, Ferrero Rocher, nicely wrapped together with two cute tiny teddy bears.... 

Then, this morning my hubby took me to this Dukun Tulang (bone healer) in Seremban to have a look at my heel.  On my last visit to the Orthopaedic doctor, he only prescribed pain killer for me since I still refuse to accept the injection.  So since my hubby wanted to see the bone healer for his ailment (back and shoulder pain), I tag along.

Remarkably there were a lot of patients waiting to see the bone healer. Then when it was my turn, my hubby also came in with me.  I sat on the teak platform and placed my heel on the bamboo stool in front of the healer.  I told him my problem and he proceeded with the treatment.

He held my left heel and when he began to put pressure on the painful spot, I squealed with pain. He then told me that blood had clotted around that area and if untreated, the tiny bone will keep on growing....  Hmmmmm...

Anyway, he then massaged my heel (using this red ointment) and also around the ankle area.  If he put extra pressure only....I started to squeal in pain....Oww!! OWW!!!! OwwwWWW!!! After the massage, he smeared two types of herbs onto my heel and ankle too.  Then he wrapped cottonwool around the area and then he bandaged the area.  Please see above picture.  He told me to remove the bandage after two days (i.e. on Tuesday) and return to the 'clinic' for further treatment either on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.

Now I have to use sandals or slippers in the house.  Oh yaaa...if I was unable to walk after wearing the bandage, darling hubby might have to carry me to the car.... (like newly weds lah.....heheheh... wonder if he can still carry me!! )...

Happy Mothers' Day to all mothers and mothers to be around the world....




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...