Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kerbau or Sapi??



I was driving along Lekas Highway from Kajang to Seremban when I noticed these animals grazing on the open field beside the highway.  From a distance, they looked like kerbau (buffaloes), and I told my husband thus. But then he laughed at me and said the animals are not Kerbau but Sapi (I think a cross between a buffalo and a cow??).

Being curious, we stopped on the road shoulder and I took the above photograph.  Well, from afar, they indeed look like kerbau.  Then my husband told me to observe its ears....  oh, really?? Yeah, they were different from the kerbaus... Sapi has longer ears...

There's a Malay proverb that says "Lembu punya susu, Sapi punya nama" (The milk belongs to the cow, but the Sapi got the name), which is when someone did all the hard work and someone else got the credit for it... 

I wonder how the Sapi meat taste like.  I have never eaten Sapi meat before.  Perhaps it taste like kerbau meat.  In my state of Negeri Sembilan, whenever there's a wedding, the family would slaughter a kerbau and cook rendang or masak lemak cili api.  Wondering also if we could cook steak using kerbau meat....Hmmmmm....



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...