Monday, May 30, 2011

Certificate awards at International Islamic University, Malaysia



(certificate and the bunga telor)


  (Ustadz looking at me doing the 'goggle-eyes'...hehehe...)


Last Saturday, 28th May , I attended the Tajweed 3 certificate presentation ceremony at International Islamic University main campus in Gombak.  Sofiyah was accompanying me since hubby and the other children already have their own agenda to attend to.  So, together with my coursemate, Hamidah aka Mid, and Sofiyah, we drove to IIU around 8.30am.

Due to heavy traffic along the MRR2 highway, we only reached the campus an hour and a half later.  Usually the journey from my house would only take half an hour.  Anyway we reached IIU safely and after parking my car, we went to the venue which was at the Mini Auditorium, Islamic Centre.

Hamidah and I then registered ourselves and we found out that the event would only begin around 11am.  So, we then had breakfast while waiting for the event to start.  Breakfast of Mee Hoon, 2 types of cakes and tea tarik.

We all entered the auditorium 15 minutes earlier.  My numbered seat was 27 whereas Hamidah was number 40.  Sofiyah had to seat right at the back of the auditorium.  She will have to come forward when I went on stage to receive my certificate, and take my photograph.

The event started with the reading of the Holy Quran by one of the students.  He read the surah Al Mulk.  I was impressed with his reading.  Could be the next Qari representing Malaysia in the musabaqah in the future.  Then came the speeches by the distinguished guests.

After the speeches,  presentation of the certificates to the ‘graduates’ began.  We not only received our certificate, we also received a ‘bunga telor’ complete with the ‘telor’ (boiled egg).  Then came the photography session. 

When the time came for all of us to go on stage to take a photograph with our lecturers,  everyone came up with the guys sitting on the edge of the mini stage, the lecturers on the chairs and we ladies standing behind them.  There were more gals then guys….

For the final shot, I suggested that we gave a ‘free and easy’ kind of pose… and… I, forever mischievous, did the ‘goggle-eyed’ kind of pose……hehehe…the ‘ustaz’ looked at me when I did that….hahaha (see picture above).

We then had a very delicious lunch of nasi minyak, fried chicken and beef kurma.  Yummmmyyyy….







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...