Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

This morning I went to the Gym right after sending Sofiyah to school.  But then, I went to Tm Point to enquire regarding my Streamyx application.  I also got the new telephone set for Loteng, having applied for a new phone line.  The installation was done yesterday, minus the phone set.  The contractor informed me to get the new phone at Tm Point by producing the installation receipt.

I reached KakiGym around 9am.  It was deserted except for the trainer attending to his lady client who looked exhausted (after a session) I guess.  Anyway, I went looking at the stationery bike and seek one of the trainers to teach me how it works.  I then decided to use the aerobic studio to begin my tai chi routine.  

I began by warming up, i.e. the 13 steps movement.  That took about 20 mins.  Luckily I could still balance myself when doing the one leg stand for 2 minutes (both right and left).  Not bad...... even after laying off for some time... otherwise I sure would topple if I could not balance properly...

After that I did my Tai Chi Ser Pak Se (37 steps).  I managed to do it in exactly 10 mins!  Bravo!!! When doing the 37 steps, timing is crucial...  If less than 10 mins... too fast already.. Yet, if more than 12 mins....too slow... so, have to be precise!! This needs a lot of practicing... I have been practicing Tai Chi for almost 12 years now... yet sometimes I could not achieve the 10mins deadline....
I then went to the workout machines and rode the stationery bike.  I cycled for 10 mins (again!!) only.. must reached 20 mins by next week.  In 10 mins I managed to cycle 2.8km, effort level 4... okay lah....

OK!  Now about the Royal Wedding.  Firstly congratulations to Prince William and his royal bride to be, Kate.  Today is their wedding and the whole world is watching the occasion live over the idiot box!!  Malaysia included.  As for me, I won't be watching it live... because I have other things to do.. Also, my attention span watching the idiot box is kinda short... like always....except of course when I am watching Capt Jack Sparrow!!  Only he can keep me 'glued' to my seat for hours at the cinema and watching reruns (NEVER ever getting bored) over the idiot box... Give me Capt Jack Sparrow any time...

Anyway, I hope Kate will treasure the engagement ring which Prince William gave her.  That ring belongs to his late mother... the lovely Princess Diana (popularly known as Lady Di).  I sure miss Lady Di... She was so beautiful, and very down to earth.  I remembered this friend of mine, Rose was her name, who wanted me to accompany her to the hair salon (Lee Bernard, he was THE hair stylist in the early eightiess) and Rose brought along this newspaper cutting of Lady Di's with her short wavy hair.  Rose told the stylist, "Bernard, I want to have my hair done like Lady Di."  Actually I  was quite amused, because Rose would cough out RM110 to copy Lady Di's hair style.  Luckily she got what she wanted!! Wonder where Rose is now....

Well, Prince William is the eldest among his siblings, and so is Kate.  According to tradition, the marriage will be kinda 'panas'  (meaning the marriage is going to be 'hot').  Hot in the sense that tempers flare easily, it would be difficult to compromise over small disagreement...thick egos....etc etc etc... And... usually, the marriage does not last long.... But then, maybe Prince William and Kate's marriage will be forever....I wish them all the best in their royal marriage together...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...