Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kuching waterfront - an evening

 (Standing infront: L to R: Ahmad n Adha - Behind: Afiq, Maya n my sis-in-law))

My sister-in-law was supposed to fetch me at 5pm, and by 6pm, there was still no sign of her, so I called her on her mobile.  She told she was waiting for her son to drive her to the hotel where I was staying.  Five minutes later, she called me and told me her son said they will be fetching me at 7pm.  So... since I have to wait for another hour, I decided to jog along the Kuching waterfront which was about 20metres from the hotel.

After changing into my sports gear, I left the hotel at around 6.15pm.  I walked briskly to the waterfront, and at an area in front of the Chinese Association building, I warmed up and after that I did Tai Chi (37 steps). I then walked briskly to the other end of waterfront which was about half a kilometre. As I reached the clock tower, I could hear the Azan Maghrib.  So, I turn around and headed back to the hotel.  I jogged all the way to the hotel. 

As I was cooling down near the pool area, a hotel staff approached me and told me that the hotel has a gymnasium on the 4th floor.  Aiyaaaa!!! Now you're telling me!! How come it was not mentioned in the hotel's brochure in my hotel room?? Anyway, I went up to the 4th floor to have a look at the gymnasium.  Well, not bad...there are treadmills, cross-trainers, exercycles, weights and also the 'ball-thing' usually use during pilates.

It was already 7pm when I reached my room, and since there was still no sign of my sister-in-law and her children, I took a bath and had my maghrib/eshaq prayers.  By 7.45pm, there was still no sign of them, so I watched television... They finally came at 8.10pm.  So....unpunctual!!!

Anyway, her son then drove us to a food-court in Kuching town and we had dinner of Ayam penyit, udang goring tepung, tempe (my favourite) and french-fries.  My sister-in-law has a daughter with downs syndrome and her name's Adha who is now 14 years old. Her two other children are normal, both are boys.  Her elder son, Afiq, is working at a factory, while Akmal (her second son) is unemployed.  Akmal is at the hospital taking care of his father (my brother who was hospitalised for almost a month now)...

After dinner, Afiq drove us to the waterfront where we took a few pictures.  We then walked along the waterfront back to the hotel. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...