Monday, April 11, 2011

Kuching Waterfront - Sarawak











I arrived in Kuching safely via AirAsia from Kuala Lumpur.  In the plane I was sitting next to this UMS student (her name's Gee) who is from Perak.  We chatted for a while as the plane was about to take off.  Since I was so sleepy, having to wake up at 4.30amto go to LCCT, I doze off so easily....so did Gee...

When we safely landed at Kuching International Airport, Gee offered to send me to Grand Margherita Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn).  Her friend, Mike, drove me there.  I invited her and Mike to have breakfast with me, she declined because she was so sleepy (lack of sleep over the weekend...) and wanted to return to her university soonest possible...
Since my room was still not ready, I left my luggage at the hotel, and went to the nearby shopping complex to have breakfast, but the food court was still closed.  So... I walked to the Kuching waterfront and waited for the boat at the jetty to take me across the river to Kampong Boyan.  Thought of buying the kek lapis at Dayang Salhah.  

Anyway, otw to Dayang Salhah, I had breakfast of Mee Jawa and Kopi radix at the only stall open at the new Food court.  The Food court is only active in the evening.  After my breakfast, I was about to return to the jetty when I passed by this shop selling Sarawak Laksa paste.  So..I bought 10 pkts of Hj Manan Sarawak Laksa paste.

At the jetty, while waiting for the boat to take me across river, I took a few photographs of the scenery around the jetty.  I met this family from Kuala Lumpur who invited me to share the ride to the clock tower at Kuching waterfront. Since I wanted to go to Kuching Hospital to visit my younger brother who was hospitalised, I took a taxi from the Waterfront to Kuching Hospital costing me RM12.00 (it was just a 5mins ride). 

The Sarawakians in Kuching town is so friendly... They are not stingy with their smiles.  The moment our eyes met, they would readily smile when you smiled at them. The city is also very clean, even their wet market is so clean with hardly any litter.  I was so impressed.  The Sarawakians are also very helpful.  Approached them to ask for directions, and they would explain to you.  If they are unsure, they will ask their fellow Sarawakians nearby.  This is amazing. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...