Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hooray!!!! No injection..

When I went for my follow up appointment with my orthopaedic doctor, re my plantar fasciitis, he told me not necessary to have the injection, just yet.  Instead he prescribed another brand of painkiller to replace the Arcoxia.  I have to take Celebrex 400mg cap (celecoxib) 1 tab when necessary after meal.  

I had completed my dosage of Arcoxia on Friday.  Since I did not have any pain, till now, I abstained myself from taking the Celebrex.   I hope I won't have to take any painkiller whatsoever... Doc also adviced me to change my lifestyle... in sports i.e. , meaning, to avoid running for the time being, and do cycling or swimming instead.  

Well, I love cycling and swimming also, but then, to cycle outdoors would mean having to go on the streets... which is quite risky, with heavy traffic almost daily.  So... I need to go on the stationery bike, meaning, to the gym.  Well..... got to start next week then.

As for swimming, I love doing it too.  But then, the part I dislike most is having to change into the swimsuit.  Of course, I will be wearing the 'diving' suit, meaning covering from the neck to the ankles, and also covering my hair....and having to swim at the Bukit Jalil Golf Club.  Wish I have a private pool (indoors of course) where I could swim in a bikini....hehehe....or in my birthday suit....HAHAHAHA... that will be the day my hubby will 'die' of shock!!! 

So...will I be able to run in the Standard Chartered International Marathon (of course I am running the 10km only) in June??? I really...really...really...want to run....but then, I am also afraid of injuring my already painful left heel... So...again, plantar fasciitis...PLEASE.....go away... shoo..shoo...go away....



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...