Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rendang Ayam Kampong

(the chicken rendang still cooking in the wok)


My husband is still in Bangkok. So Khairulzaman and I went to Pasar Tani Paroi to sell our mutton this Saturday morning. We pushed off from our abode in Kajang at 7.00am. Khairul drove the 4WD. It was drizzling until we reached the Ampangan Toll. The weather was cloudy after that.

When we reached the site, our helpers had yet to arrive. I phoned my brother, Zulkifly enquiring why the delay. He told me he had to deliver two live goats to a client in Seremban before coming to the Pasar Tani. He was with Acot.

So while waiting for them, Khairul and I had breakfast at the Pasar Tani. I had fried mee hun whilst Khairul had mee hun soup and... two plates of beef mertabak!!! My son can really eat lah.... but he hardly gain weight at all.... Perhaps its because he is so active in sports. He plays football and futsal almost everyday... He also has his own blog and forever requesting that everyone become his followers.....

Anyway, when Zul and Acot arrived, they set up our stall. We had our first customer at 8.30am. He bought 4kg of mutton. Alhamdullilah. We sold every piece of mutton by 11.00am.

Here at Pasar Tani, we can find almost anything for cooking. There are fishmongers, butchers (our stall included), vegetable sellers, herbal sellers, cooked food and drinks, and also ready made clothes.

Since I wanted to cook chicken rendang for my dear husband who is returning from Bangkok (having to eat tom yam all the time there), I bought all the necessary ingredients at the Pasar Tani. I bought santan (fresh coconut milk), lemon grass, turmeric leaves, onions, garlic, lengkuas, kerisik (coconut paste), bird eyes chillies, dried chillies etc. Everything can be found here.

From the Pasar Tani, Khairul drove me to my parent's house in Ampangan. I had bought for them Siakap fish, quail and vegetables. We could not stay long because I had a wedding to attend in Kajang.

We reached home at 12.15pm. I then took Sofiyah with me to my friend's son's wedding at Taman Cuepacs. Khairul was too tired to follow us. Anyway, after zohor prayers, Badruzzaman sent Sofiyah to her school. She is representing her school in the ABIM inter-school sports. She is participating in the 200m sprint and Netball.

After sending Sofiyah off, I took a nap. I only started to cook the chicken rendang after solat asar. The rendang should be ready in three hours.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...