Friday, March 4, 2011

Convocation @Curtin U

(Ayeshah with me....)

(Ayeshah with her course mates)

(Sze vien with her parents)

(Ayeshah with her housemates, Dya, Sze Vien and Ika)

(Pretty gals in a row...)


Ayeshah's convocation ceremony was held on 8th February at her University in Bentley, Perth.
We reached the campus at 5pm and Ayeshah's friends were already wating for us. Ayeshah put on her graduation robe and we then took pictures around the campus grounds. Since it was so hot... I put on my shades.

The ceremony was held in the open area near the school of Architecture. We had to produce the tickets at the entrance to the venue. Wow..... the security guard was very strict... No ticket, cannot enter.... So, there was a commotion when a guy tried to enter using his ticket which one half was missing....

At the venue, I was sitting third row from the back along the isle, so I had a good view of the stage. Ayeshah sat infront among the other graduates. I was still wearing my shades because I was facing the setting sun....

Then, when the ceremony began, it was almost dark... When Ayeshah took her scroll from the Chancellor, it was the happiest moment in my life.... My daughter has finally graduated.... But then, I could only watch her via the large screen on both sides of the stage.

There were fireworks when the ceremony was officially closed. It was awesome!! Then we went to the refreshment tent and got ourselves a vegetarian food pack and a bottled juice drink. While waiting for Ayeshah, who was taking more photographs with her buddies, I ate together with other parents, who were also waiting for their children... We are all proud parents...

Then, we returned to Ika's abode, since Ika will be following us to Mountways Apartment to stay with us for the night. We took the last bus to Perth Busport, from Bentley. It was while walking to our apartment that I suddenly wanted to wipe my spectacles since it was getting misty........ Then I screamed...AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! I was wearing my shades right through the night... during the ceremony....at dinner....to Ika's house... inside her house...in the bus to Busport....... OMG.... I was so embarrassed.....

Ika and Ayeshah just stared at me when I was screaming my head off.... Then, we all started laughing when we saw the funny side of it.... Ayeshah said she too was wondering why I was still wearing my shades the whole time..... Oh well, it was a GUCCI shade.....

We then walked all the way to Mountways....chatting, laughing....I felt good.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...