Friday, June 25, 2010

Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur International Marathon 2010


Another two more days to go.... and I will be running in the Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur International Marathon 2010. I have yet to collect the runners kit by Saturday 26 June. I have to collect it at Stadium Titiwangsa. In fact, I could only go after the function at Pantai Hospital, Bangsar.

Sofiyah will be attending the Pantai Junior Club event on Saturday 26 June at Pantai Hospital. This will be her second participation at that event. During the last event, there was a colouring contest. This time there will be a treasure hunt and also story telling. This time too, I will make sure that I do not wear heels..... They have a warm up session where everyone have to exercise.. During the last time, luckily the exercise was low impact and not much moving around... Imagine me wearing my jubah (long robe) with high heels....

Well, back to the marathon. Actually, I have not been training hard enough. I only did my tai chi on Wednesday nights and the occasional brisk walking around the house. I admit, I was lazy... Anyway, I definitely will run tomorrow morning after sending Sofiyah to school. I will go train in the gym or run at the park near Bangi.

I am really looking forward Sunday. The Orangeman said he will be there, wearing orange!! Well, I sure hope to bump into him.

I am participating in the 10km run. There is no veterans category, so I have to run with those above 18 years old. Imagine that!! Me running with all the young ones. Winning is definitely OUT!! But I hope to at least get a finisher medal and a certificate. I hope to end the run within an hour and a half. During the last marathon, which was the Putrajaya Night Marathon, I managed to run 10km in one and a half hours.

Well, time to sleep now.... its almost 1.30am, but then...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...