Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tai chi kung fu San


Every Wednesday night I had tai chi practice with my sifu and Jannah (friend and neighbour). Class starts at 8.30pm and would end around 10pm. Usually we would warm up first by doing 15 mins of warm up exercises. Then followed by 2 sets of Tai chi exercises which would take another 40 mins. Then we would do the 37 steps "Cheng" style Tai chi, which is another 10 mins. Finally the Tai Chi Kung Fu San (San is Fan in English).

I have been practicing Tai chi for almost 11 years now under my sifu (Mr Hoon Wah Kuang). When we first started in 1999, there were about 20 students comprising my neighbours in Taman Sri Antan. We would practice at my house, because I have a large compound, every Sunday morning. Then, as the years go by, the class started to get smaller and smaller.... when finally, there were only Jannah and myself. But then...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...